Enjoy steak a healthy way with this week's recipe for steak-wrapped asparagus rolls. Keep your meal management system freshly stocked with these tasty treats all week long to keep your diet on point, yet still delicious.
Makes about 30 rolls.
1 1/2 lbs flank steak
1 lb fresh asparagus
1/2 cup teriyaki sauce
Black pepper & Kosher Salt
Sesame seeds or scallions (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 450F and make sure you have one rack set to the upper middle.
2. Lay steak flat on a cutting board. Slice very thin pieces against the grain and on an angle. You should have about 30 pieces of very thin steak. If steak is too difficult to cut, freeze it for 30-40 minutes to make slicing easier.
3. Cut the tough bottoms off the asparagus and cut the remaining spears in half.
4. Take one piece of meat and lay flat with the skinny end facing you. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Place a few pieces of asparagus at the end and roll them up. Secure with a toothpick if they won't stay closed.
5. Place rolls on a foil or parchment-lined baking sheet and cook for 8-10 minutes on the upper middle rack until slightly charred. Brush or spoon on teriyaki sauce during the last couple of minutes.
6. Garnish with sesame seeds or scallions (optional).
Macros per roll:
Meal Prep Tip:
These rolls can be customized to suit just about any occasion. Not into beef? Use thinly sliced chicken breast. Don't eat meat? Try using strips of carrot or zucchini. Don't really care for asparagus? Make colorful bell pepper spears and roll those. Then, choose your favorite sauce! The possibilities are endless!
If you liked this recipe, check out our recipe for grilled steak and mushroom salad. As always, get even more nutritiously tasty ideas for your meal management system with all of our Meal Prep Sundays recipes!