Mexican food is fabulous, but it's not always known for being especially healthy. Never fear, as we have this Sunday's recipe for veggie fajitas to bring you some nutritional relief! Prep several fajitas on Sunday to last you all week long in your meal management bag.
Makes 2 servings.
2 tbsp olive oil
1/2 sweet onion, sliced
1 cup of broccoli, chopped
3 tomatoes, chopped
1 zucchini, chopped
1 tsp cumin
1 tsp chili powder
2 tsp honey
1/4 cup walnuts, crushed
1 avocado, cubed
2 tbsp salsa verde
2 spinach tortillas
salt & pepper to taste
1. SautÃƒ© sweet onion in olive oil in skillet on medium heat until tender.
2. Add broccoli, zucchini and tomatoes cooking for an additional 3 to 4 minutes.
3. Sprinkle chili powder and cumin on veggie mixture. Salt and pepper to taste.
4. Add a drizzle of honey.
5. Remove from heat and throw in crushed walnuts and chunks of avocado.
6. Pack warm tortillas with veggie mixture and salsa verde. Serve!
Macros Per Serving (1 tortilla w/ filling):
Meal Prep Tip:
These veggie fajitas are a great, light change from the meat-heavy recipes we know and still pair well with rice and beans to create that authentic flair we love. The fridge can harden meal prepped tortillas a bit, so we suggest warming them in a HotLogic mini.
Recipe and image courtesy of Jennifer Gail and SweetOnVeg.com
If you liked this recipe, check out more Mexican-inspired cuisine with our recipes for Chicken Fajitas, Green Chili Chicken Enchiladas, and Fresh Scallop Fajitas.
For even more healthy and delicious ways to fill your meal management bags, gym totes, gym backpacks, briefcases, and sports duffle bags, check out all of our Meal Prep Sundays recipes!